Monday, May 6, 2013

Learning to Love

I realized something today.

Most days, I love other people way more than I love myself.
Scratch that, it happens every day.

I guess that just says a lot about my personality.
I love people, I'd do anything for my friends and family, and I'd much rather spend my time making sure others are happy then making sure I'm happy.
I'm empathetic to the extreme.
They should make a show about me.

Or not.
That show would suck.

On the other hand, love is such a complicated thing.
And on the other other hand (is that a foot?), I'm a complicated person.
Therefore two hands, a foot, a complicated brain and a broken heart make for a situation that's just plain absurd.
Welcome to my life.

"this is my life".. i love the perks of being a wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower gets me.

I'm learning.
I fall a lot.
I have good days, and I have bad ones.
I'm really good at faking it til I make it.
And really, I'm just a big ol' basket case.
All I can really do is just tackle every day with a new found passion for whatever the day has to offer me.
Right?
Right.

As the summer approaches and school comes to an end, I'm looking forward to a few months full of adventure and finding myself. This town is a whole different place from mid May to mid August, and I love it. But that gives me a chance to be a whole different person, and I love that idea.

Love, love, love...
It's a big word.
But I'm a big girl.
I really think that eventually, I can learn to love me.

No comments: