Saturday, February 16, 2013

Memories

It's always good to come home and see people you haven't seen in forever, spend time with them and reminisce about the stupid things you did in high school, and over the last few years.

Like "Hey Whitney, remember when we drank absurd amounts of Mountain Dew at Taco Bell, drove to the nearest stoplight and then did a Chinese fire drill?"

Or "Krystal, remember when we used flag banners as bikini's when we were supposed to decorating for Girls State?"

Things like that make me miss having my best friend around all the time.
They make me miss the people that I've grown to love, and makes me miss this little town.
They make me wish I was just a little closer sometimes.
And that we could always bake cookies and have sleepovers, even when we're 20.

The last few days I've seen people I graduated with, old teachers and family friends.
I've gotten to spend time with people that I love, that I only get to see about twice a year, and have loved every minute of it.

Although the original circumstance wasn't the greatest, we've all made the most of it and we've celebrated and made the most of this short time we have together.

And that's made me realize something very important.

It's made me realize that I have such a good life.
A life full of people that love me, and that I love back.
A life where I can always call on my friends, new and old.
And a life where I am blessed to have so many good memories with those friends.

Some people look at their high school year books and want to forget all the things that are on those pages.
Some want to relive every moment.
Then there's me, who looks at them and thinks "I loved high school, I learned a lot, I'd do a few things over, I'd never go back, but I am thankful for every second of it."

God gave us this one life.
He gave us the capacity to love people, and to make more memories than we'll ever remember.

So remember all the things that have made you who you are, and the things that have determined who your friends will be for the rest of your life.

Hold on as long as you can,because all too soon we'll start to forget.

Love always,

Suz



No comments: